top of page

Want to become a Wildcat? Here's how!

What is Open Enrollment?

Ninth Grade Open Enrollment is a period of time when an incoming 9th grade SUHSD student may request a high school other than their assigned home school to attend.

You must complete an online Open Enrollment Transfer Application to be eligible.

To find out which school is your home school, you may call the Sequoia Union High School District Office at 650-369-1411 ext. 22209.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. How does the district determine which high school my student is assigned to?

The district determines which high school your student attends based on your home address. Address verification must be completed at the district office.

2. What if the school assigned is not my preferred school?

Families can complete the Open Enrollment application. Approvals are lottery-based and not guaranteed. This applies to incoming 9th grade students only.

3. Do I have to submit an Open Enrollment transfer if I want my student to attend his/her assigned school?


4. Can my student return to his/her originally assigned school if the new school does not work out?


No. Once the transfer request is approved, you may not rescind the transfer.

5. Does my student qualify for sibling priority if they have a sibling who previously attended the school but has since graduated?

No. In order to qualify for the sibling priority, the student must have a sibling assigned to the school during the school year requested.

6. Can I appeal if my child does not get into our desired school through open Enrollment?


No. There is no appeal process. If your student does not get into your desired school through the Open Enrollment process, he/she must attend his/her assigned school.

bottom of page